- Elderflower Fields Festival (spoken word performances and workshops, with Dommy B, Francesca Beard, Steve Tasane and Katrina Quinn) Sat 26th May (14:00-17:30) and Sun 27th May (14:00-17:00) 2018, on the Wow Pow! stage
- Carnival of Invention: Art and Research for Social Action. University of Brighton, Falmer Campus. For more information and to read the call for submissions, go to our website. Friday 15th June 2018
- 'Embracing the Mosaic: Crafting Collaborative Arts-based Research for Critical Resilience' (Talk and discussion), University of Cambridge, Monday 18th June 2018
- 'Embracing the Mosaic: Crafting Collaborative Arts-based Research for Critical Resilience' (Talk and discussion), University College London, Wednesday 4th July 2018
- 'How the Arts Can Change the World (Again)' (Talk and discussion for Brains at the Bevy) The Bevy, 50 Hillside, Brighton, BN2 4TF, 18:00 on Wednesday 18th July 2018
- 'Can Art be Research? And Should We Care?' (Talk and discussion on arts-based research for Cafe Psychologique) Monday 26th March 2018, 18:30-21:00 The Latest Music Bar, Brighton.
- 'An Artist, a Participant, and a Social Scientist Walk Into a Bar... Creating Collaborative Poetic Autoethnographies,' workshop and talk at the Voicing Experience Conference at University of Sussex. 11.30-13.00 Friday 16th June 2017.
- 'Beyond Discipline(s): Craft, Creativity & Communication in Social Scientific Research' - Opening remarks for TECHNE-funded workshop series on Undisciplined Methods, Wed 31st May 2017, University of Brighton.
- Family-friendly spoken word performances at Elderflower Fields Festival, Fri 26th and Sat 27th May 2017, with A F Harold, Joshua Seigal, Jonny Fluffypunk, and Steve Tasane
- 'Poetic Autoethnographies: Exploring the Potential of Collaborative Arts-based Research' half-day workshops at the University of Brighton's Grand Parade Campus on Friday 6th January and Thursday 13th April 2017
- 'A Rose by Any Other Name? Using Poetry as a Tool for Collaborative Research' Presentation at the University of Brighton's Grand Parade Campus, Monday 14th November 2016
- 'The Struggle Is Real' spoken word/research show, with Simon Banderob, Emily Carson-Apstein, Tanya Evanson, Amy Iliza, Cat Kidd and Xander Macaulay-Rettino and Matt Shi. Mainline Theatre, Montreal, Sunday August 14th 2016. $2 entry (all proceeds to the Old Brewery Mission.)
- Presentation on arts and creativity in dementia care at the Celebrating Progress in Research and Creativity in Dementia in Sussex symposium, Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath, on 1st June 2016.
- Poetry performances at Elderflower Fields Festival, on 28th and 29th May 2016, with Dominic Berry and Jonny Fluffypunk.
- Seminar talk on the innovative combination of EEG and interview data in the context of creativity research, University of Brighton's Falmer Campus on Wednesday 24th February 2016.
- Presentation on performative social science at the Bath University symposium, Quality in Qualitative Research and Enduring Problematics, Tuesday 17th January 2015. Read about the symposium here.
- Presentation on performative social science at the University of Brighton on Wednesday 10th December 2014.
Yaffle and solo performances at The Camden Head, London on Monday 1st December 2014.
Presentation of '"I Will Tell You Something of My Own" - Promoting Personhood in Dementia Through Performative Social Science' at 9th U.K. Dementia Congress on Tuesday 11th November 2014.
- Invited talk and workshops on 'Evaluating the Impact of the Arts on Well Being and Personal Growth' at Kirklees Bibliotherapy Conference on Wednesday 29th October 2014. Click here for the full programme.
- Yaffle performances and compering at Larmer Tree Festival. Thursday 17th - Sunday 30th July 2014.
- Solo and Yaffle performances for Poetry&Words at Glastonbury Festival. Sunday 29th June 2014.
- Invited talk on "I Will Tell You Something of My Own" at SenseAbility Festival, Corsham. Friday 13th June 2014.
- "I Will Tell You Something of My Own" exhibition at the Quaker Meeting House, Greyfriars, Gloucester as part of Strike a Light Festival. Wednesday 19th - Saturday 22nd March 2014.
- "I Will Tell You Something of My Own" exhibition at Lansdown Hall Gallery, Stroud. Tuesday 3rd December - Saturday 21st December and Thursday 2nd January - Saturday 18th January.
Solo and Yaffle performances at Larmer Tree Festival 18th-21st July on the Lyrical Lostwood stage.
Yaffle performance for the Poetry&Words stage at Glastonbury Festival on Sunday 30th June.
Two solo poetry performances at Cheltenham Poetry Festival, including one at the festival's closing party on 28th April, at Copa. Other acts included the very wonderful Hollie McNish and the bare chested poetics of Mark Niel.
Poetry hosting and panel discussions, Folk Alliance, Conference, Toronto, 20th-24th February 2013. Click here for more information about the phenomenon that is Folk Alliance.
Yaffle performance at the Lockkeeper's Cafe, Stroud on 27th January. This event was a benefit for Age UK and also featured singer/songwriter duo, The Peeky Blinders, the verdant verse of Peter Wyton and the marvelously melifluous Benita Johnson.
Solo poetry performance for Lead Poets on Tour at Meantime, Cheltenham on 23rd November. Other poets who performed included Adam Horovitz, Myfanwy Fox and host Sarah Dxon.
Yaffle performance at OMG, Bristol for the ShoutOut Fundraiser, Break Out, on 8th September 2012. The show was aired live on BCfm (Bristol Community Radio). You can listen to a podcast of the show here. (Scroll down and click on the recording third up from the bottom of the page.)
Solo poetry performance at Nympsfield Village Fayre on 1st September 2012.
Conference paper presentation (focusing on digital poetry in youth slam and spoken word) at the Mix Conference on 17th July 2012.
Poetry workshops, compering, solo poetry performances and Yaffle performances on the Lyrical Lostwood and Social stages at Larmer Tree Festival, July 2012.
Yaffle performance on 1st June 2012 for Bristol College Project, as part of their Bristol Biennial Festival. Click here for more about this event.
Solo poetry performance for Crispin Thomas' night All You Need is Fluff, at Star Anise Cafe, Stroud on 12th November 2011.
Feel free to e-mail me if you would like details of my performances and presentations prior to November 2011.