You have reached the online home of Helen Johnson. I am a poet/researcher available for research consultancy work, project evaluation, poetry performances, event organisation, public speaking, performance poetry workshops (adults and children), and Psychology tutoring. To explore my various social scientific, educational and artistic dimensions please click on one of the tabs above. Alternatively, for two-way interaction, please e-mail me.
Thanks for stopping by!
Photo by Bohdan Piasecki
I am a poet and an academic, which means that I not only live in an ivory tower, but can describe it, using vivid imagery and interesting metaphors...
- Registrations for the inaugural conference of the Collaborative Poetics Network are now open! The Carnival of Invention will run on Fri 15th June 2018, with a daytime programme of over 19 workshops, talks, performances and displays at the University of Brighton's Falmer campus, followed by an evening of music and spoken word at the Latest Music Bar in central Brighton. The event is open to anyone with an interest in arts-based research and interventions for social justice/action. Registrations are £35 including all events and lunch. You can find out more and register to attend on our website. You can also keep up to date via the Collaborative Poetics Network Facebook page: here.
- I have a new co-authored article on collaborative, arts-based research available online, via the journal Qualitative Research in Psychology. You can access the article here.
- The September 2017 issue of the journal Forum: Qualitative Social Research features an article co-authored by me, about the development of a participatory arts-based research method, 'collaborative poetics.' The article compares this method to the more mainstream approach of thematic analysis, in the context of a study which explored participants' lived experiences and understandings of discrimination. The article is open access, and you can read it here.
- There is no Glastonbury Festival in 2018. Applications to perform for Poetry&Words at the 2019 festival will open in January of that year.
- In 2015 I changed my name from Helen Gregory to Helen Johnson. You will see references to both names here - and elsewhere in my professional life.
or click here to download a PDF copy of my curriculum vitae.