You have reached the online home of Helen Johnson. I am a poet/researcher available for research consultancy work, project evaluation, poetry performances, event organisation, public speaking, performance poetry workshops (adults and children), and Psychology tutoring. To explore my various social scientific, educational and artistic dimensions please click on one of the tabs above. Alternatively, for two-way interaction, please e-mail me.
Thanks for stopping by!
Photo by Bohdan Piasecki
I am a poet and an academic, which means that I not only live in an ivory tower, but can describe it, using vivid imagery and interesting metaphors...
- I am currently working on developments in a new method for collaborative, arts-based research, 'collaborative poetics,' which was founded by myself in 2016 at McGill University's Participatory Cultures Lab. To find out more about this method, the Collaborative Poetics Network and our events, please see our website here.
- I will be facilitating a workshop, performance and talk with David Norbury on Collaborative, Art-based Research for Critical Resilience at the 4th Community Psychology Festival in Hertford in September. For more information, and to register for the event, click here.
- I have a new co-authored article on collaborative, arts-based research available online, via the journal Qualitative Research in Psychology. You can access the article here.
- Applications to perform for Poetry&Words at the 2019 festival will open in January 2019. Watch this site for further updates!
- In 2015 I changed my name from Helen Gregory to Helen Johnson. You will see references to both names here - and elsewhere in my professional life.